Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Drift Chronicles: The Producers ~ 8Track


Drift Chronicles has been getting so much love! Thank you all... It wasn't an all Driftee show though...during the next few weeks I will be introducing you to the men behind the music - the producers - via a brief Q & A complete with pics, contact info and links to their music.

8Track

The first producer is 8Track, a caribbean production monster who was introduced to me by our lawyer Karol Russell.

8Track's music is the exemplification of creative diversity.  Our lawyer sent me a beat file that contained tracks from several producers. I picked what seemed to be stellar opposites in an attempt to give Drift Chronicles a more universal appeal. I soon learned that  the very tracks I thought were sooooo different were produced by the same man. That's dope. 

8Track produced two of my favorite tracks on the mixtape -- Welcome and R.A.W  (SN: R.A.W are 8Track's initials - I didnt know that when I wrote the song - hell of a coincidence right). And, he is a cool humble, down to earth dude. Check out our Q&A below.



When did you know that you wanted to be a producer? Was there a song or moment that confirmed it for you?

Well i am 28 and i have been making beats since i was 14, when other kids spent their time playing video games i was learning how to operation music keyboards. I always loved music from young. I was 10 years old when i purchased my first album, it was Naughty By Nature;s "Nineteen Naughty Three" album, i was so intrigued how the music sounded. I can say from the age of 10 i was interested in making music

What other artist do you work with?
I have also produced for 50cent, and many up and coming artists in Bermuda, North Carolina, New York, Toronto and Atlanta.

What are your thoughts on the state of urban music today?
I feel the state is very creative musically but i also see retro styles and music coming back, i feel now its a good balance and i am happy to see the diversity in today's Urban Music.

What were your initial reactions upon hearing R.A.W and Welcome?
Over Satisfied, i was impressed and i played the tracks over and over because i was that satisfied in hearing how good the lyrical content was and also the flows over my beats.

How can people stay up to date on whats going on with 8Track?
They can add me to:

Twitter:
@8track_
Instagram: 8track

Music inquires: 
8trackbeats@gmail.com
There you have it boys and girls...Check out his beats on Soundcloud too ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment